Sunday, February 26, 2017

Home sweet home!

As anyone who has lived abroad knows going home is a little nutso. You spend most of your time running from place to place trying to see everyone and you never end up doing it. I tried to keep a bit of balance to spend some down time hanging out in my parent's backyard or in this year's case, watching way too much Olympics!



Ottawa suffered a heat wave pretty much all summer so it was crazy hot the entire time I was there. I was not complaining since I only had a week or so of summer outside of Greece. It did mean though many stops in the shade for someone during her walks.





We also had the opportunity to head outside the city and take a boat ride in Wakefield. Wakefield is a small town on the Quebec along the Gatineau River, named after a city in England. It's famous in the area for its covered bridge and the Maclaren Mill
















We also enjoyed an awesome meal and one of the local restos.


 

And finally, for possibly my most avid reader, there was lunch with him and his fiancée. Had to post some pics for them! We at at the Pomeroy House which I quite enjoyed.




No comments:

Post a Comment