Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A 3 "Michelin" Star Meal

Ok, so we didn't actually eat at a 3 Michelin Star Restaurant but we did eat at one of Chef Paul Bocuse's places. Bocuse is one of (or possibly the only, I didn't really do a lot of research on this) to hold 3 Michelin stars for over 50 years (look I'm 6mths behind on these posts so I figured I skimp a little here and there!). 

He has four of them in Lyon named after the directions - nord, sub, est, oust and the legendary L’Auberge Du Pont de Collonges which is the one that holds the 3 stars but it is outside of Lyon proper. I believe that Chef Bocuse still cooks at this restaurant.
For our last lunch, we decided to go big or go home! So we headed to Le Sud. The restaurant is just off the main square which was decked out for the Euro as well as for everyday.




The food was pretty amazing even if it was not by the master himself. I even sprung for a white Chateauneuf-de-Pape - I had never tried a white before and it lived up to the name.






No comments:

Post a Comment