Saturday, June 4, 2016

Welcome to Wales!

Easter weekend I had an extra day off but I couldn't venture far because that week we had our Committee meetings so there was no possibility to take extra time. I had to go away because I was on a mission to achieve 40x40 and I was running out of time! I picked Wales, as it fit the criteria - had never been, it is close and I could find Cadbury mini eggs - need I say more?

I was a bit of disaster at that point so I didn't do any research before I left though a couple of days before I managed to book a tour. Good thing I did because it turns out that Easter weekend in Cardiff is a marathon race weekend and the main roads and attractions - i.e. the castle - were closed.

It's also not surprising that the weather in Wales in March is not the greatest. It meant the first day was a bit a of a write off but I got to hang out in pubs and nap so I call it a win win.

When I got into town with the airport bus, this is the first thing I saw, I knew right away this was going to be a good trip ;)



I was staying on the main pedestrian mall which is a great location if you're thinking of heading to Cardiff.


As mentioned, the castle was closed but I was able to walk around it and take some outside shots . . .













The animal wall, I would add more but I didn't have a tour




See the closed street, ya that's the marathon


A local market founded n 1891 where I purchased some authentic Welsh cakes!




Then it was off to the local pub because I really didn't have much else to do!


First pint of the trip

Though rich, the food was delish!

C'mon I had to try it - the brewery was right there . . .

1 comment: