Saturday, June 4, 2016

La Chapelle

Next set of visitors arrived shortly there after - my mom and godmother. Unfortunately for them they arrived during some of the worst weather Paris has seen for spring in a long time. I'm convinced it's me because Ottawa seems to be having WAY better weather since I left - your welcome.

The first weekend they were here we headed to one place I had never been, Sainte-Chapelle. La Chapelle is a royal chapel in the Gothic style, within the medieval Palais de la Cité, the residence of the Kings of France until the 14th century, on the Île de la Cité in the heart of Paris, France. Commissioned by Louis IX, it was consecrated on 26 April 1248. You can only visit the Chapelle part at this time.







When we entered the building I wasn't all that impressed . . .


And then we walked upstairs . . .






























The windows represent different scenes from the bible. The stain glass is absolutely incredible.

Since we were in the area we headed off to Notre Dame.


The plan following this was to venture on to jardin des plantes but due to the my inability to follow a map (and yes I have heard of GPS) we ended up at the Luxembourg gardens. Since I've already done a post about them I will just add this one photo which weren't part of the original post.


1 comment: