Monday, May 25, 2015

My first visitors!

Last week I finally went out for dinner multiple times - this is very exciting for me because restaurants are kind of my thing . . .

While my family was only here for a short while, we took advantage of the time and headed out every evening. The two restaurants I'm going to feature are ones I recommended. 

First of we have A.Noste. This place was introduced to me by a friend when we were here for work in December. I liked it so much I had to go back. It's tapas style (though they do have a fixed menu as well) but filled with French offerings. There is an entire section of the menu dedicated to duck - enough said! They don't take reservations so be prepared to wait but it's well worth it and there is a bar section you can occupy your time with.

The visitors (minus one)

Scallop ceviche - probably the best dish on the menu

Polenta, duck and deep fried - how can you go wrong!

Fish in a fish

And of course some dessert - it is Paris after all!
The second one is sort of a Paris institution. Boeuf sur le toit opened in the early 1920s and was a hangout for artists, writers, musicians, designers and couturiers. You used to be able to find people like Coco Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent (which was in his autobiography I read!) dining at this establishment. It's tradition for myself and a friend from Switzerland (some times the odd Australian and Canadian as well) during a long week of meetings to come here for champagne, seafood and some Pouilly Fuisse. As such, I thought it was worth sharing with others.

You can see why we have the seafood!

It was Friday after all . . .
We also took some time to toast my new place with the good stuff! 


And enjoy some tasty macarons. I was introduced to the salted caramel which is now my fav!


Of course they did touristy things during the day . . .or so they said :)

No comments:

Post a Comment