Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lazy Sunday

I decided to take a break from all the sightseeing and spend a lazy day in Paris. I also got a request for some food posts so trying to keep the people happy!

My day started late with brunch at La Carette with a view of Trocadero. Opened in 1927, La Carette is a bit of an institution in Paris known for its prettiness. I sat outside today so sorry, no pictures of the inside this time. Allegedly this was a favourite hang out of Yves Saint Laurent. . .though I read his autobiography and didn't see it there.


This place is known for their Oeufs Brouillés so I went for the full brunch which includes the eggs, your choice of a pastry, toast, coffee and freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice. The brunch is 30 euro but for this place, it is well worth it. But not something you do every week! 



After brunch it was off to the Luxembourg gardens to enjoy one of the first really nice days we've had in 2 weeks. I was not the only one who had this idea however!


And that was about the size of it . . .

Hopefully by the time I move into my apartment on Friday I will have my camera back up in running #leftchargerinCanada

1 comment: