Sunday, November 6, 2016

Tuesday - the night before the big event

Tuesday was actually stakeholder day. We had 4 parallel events running but they were organized by others so our involvement was less. We were spending the day working on all the outstanding issues tent cards that consistently had mis-spelled names, seating plans which in the end were thrown out because - well - Mexico and the million other issues that arose.

This should read CSISAC - not CISSAC


This was also by far the lowest part of my week. I had spent hours working with the my colleague and his besties , the tech guys, making sure every minute was scheduled for the opening ceremony. Sound, lights, transitions of chairs and people on and off stage, MC notes - all of it was planned to the minute. We were ready.



We took a few minutes to even celebrate a bit . . .





But then, all hell broke loose. . . 

We are about to wrap up around 1am and our dear hosts arrive in the office indicating they wanted to change the opening. My response "you mean the opening that is happening in a few hours? That opening?". I will spare you the details but this was the point I cracked. Calls were made to Paris, people were woken up at 2am and we finally walked out of there at 4am. I was awake for 23hrs that day, left, slept one hour and was back at work.

Thankfully there are no photos of this!

1 comment: