Saturday, October 1, 2016

Monday - so it begins!

Monday was the first day we had other people than ourselves and organizers on site. This meant registration was open.

Team Sarah was on the case:



Team Maria countered:


But I think it was a clear win!!

To me Monday was the best day. It was the Hackathon. This event was organized mostly by our business stakeholders but I thought it was by far the best part of the week. It was awesome to walk into that room and see all these young people so engaged in what they were doing, having a great time and loving the attention they were getting.




This is also the first day the big guy arrived. I, with no voice, took the Secretary General on a tour of the venue. I had also done one the day before for colleagues which you can bore yourself with here.


I think for the first time since this Ministerial was decided on, the SG finally realized how much work was involved. It was nice to have it realized! We were even able to get him additional security which is a whole other tale I won't go into the details, but the person they sent is worth sharing:

 I think I could beat this guy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment