Saturday, July 18, 2015

Musée des Arts et Métiers


The same week my parents left, a friend of mine stopped by Paris for the weekend. Since both of us have seen the major sites, we opted for a museum neither of us had been to before - Le musée des arts et métiers. Like most museums in Paris, the building in itself is worth visiting.

The museum was founded in 1794 by Henri Grégoire, and focuses on technological inventions. While it has some interesting history and pieces, the museum lacks a little in my opinion. For example, the section related to construction is a bunch of models which I found less interesting. I think the best rooms were the technology and communications ones but then I might be a little bias. 


Staircase to get between floors
Random statue of liberty


Foucault's pendulum

And for my coworkers (old and new!) - here is some of the technology that was on display.


I think this is still the computer IC uses
IBM computer anyone?

Communications room

And for Lisa and Melissa, a rogue llama for good measure!







No comments:

Post a Comment