Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Canada Day!

Being a Canadian abroad, unfortunately I had to work on Canada Day but that didn't stop the celebration! Thanks to my visitors the week before, I was able to share with my new colleagues a little taste of Canada - maple candies :) 

Then it was off to the embassy for my own taste of Canada - poutine and beer! The food and drink were supplied by the Great Canadian Pub here in Paris which is owned by the same guy as the Berryman Pub on Bank Street. There was a band playing a mix of the oldies followed by Canadian artists (not live of course).


The Canadian embassy 

The poutine and beer

All the Canadians!
While it was fun to be with my own on July 1st, it was 39 degrees that day and we were literally sweating to the oldies! 

Hope everyone else enjoyed to day off!


No comments:

Post a Comment