Wednesday, July 22, 2015

An American, Australian and Canadian go to Provins

Sundays here can be quiet as stores and the such are not open. It's a great day to be a tourist. And it's also nice to get out of the city every now again. A few week backs a few of us decided to check out Provins in the Seine-et-Marne region outside of Paris. If you have a metro pass, you can use it to get there on weekends at no extra cost.

Provins is known as a medieval fair town and was declared a UNESCO World-Heritage site in 2001. The town itself is tiny so you can easily walk it. We spent the afternoon wandering through the streets and checking out the sites. It was once again a million degrees so we weren't moving too fast . . .



The streets of Provins

Downtown Provins

The Caeser's Tower

Inside the walls 
Gate to the city

An American and an Australian

Walking on the ramparts

The view from the ramparts

The garden we decided was better to hang out in than the one beside our office
While we enjoyed being out of the city and breathing fresh air, the temperature and the massive amount of little black bugs that were stuck to us made us quickly realize that we missed the city and were happy to go back at the end of the day!

2 comments:

  1. There's a famous race called the Paris-Versailles, and I was going to Paris when it was supposed to be run, but they cancelled it that one year. I was so annoyed, but I did it anyway. Of course I had no idea of the route, so I just "followed my nose". I started at la tour eiffel comme il faut, and I ended in Versailles. On the way I got lost in le foret Meudon, but I also passed through a little town called Viroflay. I just loved that the Parisian "suburbs" are so beautiful! Anyway, I know it sounds like a really LONG way, but it's actually not bad, and I highly recommend it for a long afternoon walk (you can take the RER back home).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the point being that these pictures reminded me of Viroflay, on steriods.

    ReplyDelete