Sunday, April 17, 2016

An afternoon in Valletta

Post tour I decided it was time for some lunch. I found a small place on a side street not far from Palace square called Angelica. It was both a restaurant and a food store and the meal was fantastic!

Local sausage in a champagne sauce
Malta also has a burgeoning wine industry so I sampled a few different kinds along the way. I had a few from this one in particular


I spent a while sitting there chatting with the owner before I wandered off to see the rest of Valletta.Here is some of what I saw . . .



























I will end with more views of the Grand Harbour where you can see Fort Ricasoli I previously mentioned which now serves as the headquarters of the Malta film industry. Films like Troy and Gladiator were filmed here and much of Games of Thrones. The view also includes the three cities which includes three fortified cities of Birgu, Senglea and Cospicua in Malta. It got the name of the three cities by Napoleon because he could never remember the names and they meld together so their borders are hard to define. Lastly is the also previously seen Fort St. Angelo which is famous for withstanding the great siege.

Fort Ricasoli
Fort Ricasoli


Fort St. Angelo



No comments:

Post a Comment