Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Highlands

Even though I was only Edinburgh a short time, I took a trip to the highlands. It was a really long day on a bus but the scenery was stunning. I also lucked out weather wise, despite everything I heard, it was sunny and blue skies! 

The tour went through a number of places including Glen Coe, Ben Nevis, Loch Ness and Inverness. Because it was a bus tour, I don't have pictures of all of it but I did capture some beautiful landscapes.

The first stop on the way was, well I have no idea where, but we met Hamish and saw some land that was bought buy a lottery winner - so I guess worth it?

Hamish

One guy owns this land including the mountains!

Glen Coe

Our bus driver was a hysterical Scottish lady who claims she walked across this land and it is the most beautiful in all of Scotland. Not sure I believed her about the walking (though there were lots of hikers out) but it definitely was beautiful.



A place to stay if you are ever wandering through the area.







Yay - outside the bus!
















Loch Ness

The tour included a boat ride on the lake though not enough time to visit the castle.

I saw Nessie :-P























I ended to day checking out one of my colleagues' fav places in Edinburgh the Whiski and it met expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment