Sunday, August 23, 2015

Vilamoura - beach time!

And as mentioned, the point of heading to the Algarve was the beach so I spent the rest of the time there. There are a number of beaches in the area - my hotel was located right on Vilamoura, also known as Praia da Marina.

View from my balcony

And again
One thing I love about European beaches is you can rent chairs and umbrellas - it is so much more civilized than lying in the sand. And necessary because it gets really hot! As a total contrast though, the water is freezing!



Not quite yet tourist season it was not over run with people :)

Lunch at the local beach bar

My hotel was also conveniently located a short walk from the marina areas which hosts most of the restaurants. As one of my meals out I had to try one of the local delicacies - grilled sardines.





And well, that pretty much sums up what I did during my time there!

2 comments: