Friday, October 27, 2017

Hamburger Museum

Right next door to my office is the Hamburger Bahnhof Museum



For almost a year now I have been saying I really need to go to this place! And it finally happened. It’s a former 19th train station which is where it takes its name from and some of the building feels exactly like a station:





It is modern and contemporary art with mostly rotating exhibitions. When I was there these were some of what was on display. . .

The collection of Erich Marx includes some Warhol


and Joseph Beuys, a German Fluxus, happening, and performance artist as well as a sculptor, installation artist, graphic artist, art theorist, and pedagogue.


There are also other installations by Rudolf Belling (1886–1972) was one of the most important German sculptors of classical modernism. Some of his statues can be found around the city as well.


and another German artist for the life of me I cannot remember - sorry folks (guess I shouldn't blog 6 months behind!)



If you are ever in Berlin, I recommend visiting this museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment