Sunday, July 23, 2017

Düsseldorf

Contrary to popular belief, I do work once and a while. Most of what I was doing was leading up to another meeting of Ministers – this time in Düsseldorf. Leading up to the event, there were a couple of pre-conferences in March in Berlin. 



 

 


And thanks to an airport strike, I got called in last minute to sub for my boss at one of them.



This Ministerial I will have to say was a lot less stressful than the last – location and size played a role in this! That being said, days started early and ended around 2:30am. 

Arriving at the airport
Wake up time!


The event ranged from negotiating sessions which is where I got to sit at the big table :) Same table they used in Hamburg for the Leaders' summit.



To a multi-stakeholder conference filled including a light show.









To the meeting of Ministers, where I went back to sit with the masses.







A little German engineering
There was some last minute drama as there usually is with these type of things but once again, another success!

1 comment: