Sunday, November 22, 2015

A little pop art on a Sunday

From October to February the Museum of Modern Art is hosting an Andy Warhol exhibit which I, along with hundreds of my fellow Parisians, checked out one chilly Sunday afternoon. About a month ago, the weather really dipped here and spending time outside was not really an option so museums go back on the list of things to do. Unlike the others, I followed the signs that said "no photos" so this is all you get:



The exhibit was pretty comprehensive with paintings, video installations, photos and sculpture. Some I'd seen before but others were new to me like his collection of electric chairs, the video of the empire state building (we didn't watch the entire 8hrs!), the silver clouds and the time he spent with Velvet Underground. There was even an interview on how the Canadian border charged him duty on his Brillo Boxes exhibit as they were deemed consumer goods!

So if you happen to be in Paris, I recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment